Contact Us | About Us | DMCA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

40 accused transferred to jail for identity parade

Spread the love

Police produced 40 accused of Minar e Pakistan incident before Lahore court, from where they were sent to jail for an identity parade.

Earlier, an accused had applied for interim bail to avoid arrest, on which the court restrained the police from arresting him.

Accused Shehroz Saeed filed a bail application in the Sessions Court on Saturday through his lawyer Aamir Khan.

The bail application was heard in the court of Sessions Judge Muhammad Saleem.
The accused’s lawyer Aamir Khan told the court that the accused Shehroz Saeed wanted to appear but he feared that his client would be arrested.

The petition requested the court to order the police not to arrest the accused.

The court restrained the police from arresting the accused till September 3.

The court has also sought the record of the case from the police.
On Friday, police arrested 15 people on charges of harassing a woman.

In this regard, the spokesperson of Lahore Police said that the help of NADRA was sought to identify these persons. Police have also identified some of the suspects.

According to Munir Hussain, investigation in charge of Ravi Road police station, three accused Shahzeb, Akas and Khazifa have been arrested, while their four accomplices Haroon, Wahab, Bilal and Ahmed Bannu have fled to Kohat. “Police raided and arrested 18-year-old Uzaifa on Friday morning.”

According to the police officer, Uzaifa and his friend can be clearly seen in the video which went viral on social media. Uzaifa is a resident of Kot Abdul Malik and is the son of Qari Yusuf, who runs the madrassa.

On the other hand, the medical report of the victim Ayesha Akram found “clear marks of bruises and wounds all over her body, while her neck and right hand are swollen”.

“There are three scratches on the right side of the chest,” the report said. There are three scratches above the elbow on the left arm. There are also bruises on her back and both feet.

According to the medical report, “13 scars are visible all over the body, while dozens of bruises are evident.”

Earlier, DIG and SSP operations were removed from their posts due to negligence in the incident while DSP and SHO were suspended.

On August 14, videos of a woman being harassed by a mob went viral and drew a strong response from the public.

The Prime Minister also took note of the incident.

Like it? Share with your friends!

The Groucho

Contact Us| About Us | DMCA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy