While some people can’t go about a day without having their daily dose of coffee, others cannot come to terms with its consumption! With so much confusion about the consumption of this beverage, we thought let’s list some surprising pros of it!
So here are some benefits of coffee that might help you feel better about it:
1. First off, drinking coffee increases life expectancy
According to research, drinking two to four cups of coffee per day can extend your lifespan by up to two years. Tum jeeyo hazaaron saal!
2. Coffee drinkers have a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s disease
According to a study in Harvard, regular coffee drinkers are under a 25% reduced risk of Parkinson’s disease.
3. It helps boost your physical performance
Apparently, studies and observations have proven that caffeine in the coffee allows athletes to train at a greater power output or to train longer.
4. It improves brain functioning by increasing attention span
Coffee is a gift from heaven for drowsy students who can’t stay up with their heads buried in books during exams.
5. Drinking coffee can actually help protect against certain types of cancers
In a study, a strong inverse association between decaffeinated coffee consumption and the risk of lethal prostate cancer has been observed. Other than this, coffee consumption could also decrease the risks of liver cancer and other liver diseases.
6. It also lowers risks of Type 2 diabetes
An observational Harvard study concluded that people who increased their coffee intake by one cup a day had an 11% reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
7. Drinking coffee can help burn fat
Several studies have shown that caffeine specifically increases fat burning by varied rates according to body types.
8. Keeps your sugar cravings in control
This may come as a surprise but coffee contains magnesium and potassium which regulate blood sugar levels and reduce your cravings for sugary foods.
9. It is a great source of antioxidants
You are seemingly getting more antioxidants from coffee than fruits or vegetables.
10. Regular coffee drinking may lower the risk of heart disease and stroke
Several studies have shown links between moderate coffee consumption (3 cups per day) and a lower risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease compared with non-drinkers.
11. Can also prevent the formation of gallstones
A Harvard T.H.Chan School of Public Health study stated that consistent coffee drinkers are less likely to develop gallstones compared to non-drinkers.
12. It can legit strengthens your DNA
Dark roast coffee decreases breakage in DNA strands.
13. Best of all, coffee can also help make you happier
Last but not least, the caffeine present in your coffee stimulates the CNS to boost the production of serotonin, and dopamine which are responsible for elevating our mood and making us happier.
Aren’t these some impressive health benefits? Study after study shows you could be getting more out of your favorite beverage than you ever thought. Coffee lovers, rejoice!